Getting Noticed by Top Recruiters
In this fast-paced and crowded world of multimedia, it can be difficult to capture the attention of top recruiters. But, knowing that the right recruiter can jump-start your career, you may be wondering just how to get noticed by top recruiters? Don’t leave your career to chance. Use these tips to polish your presentation and get noticed by the best accounting finance recruiters.
Show the Top Recruiters You Have what it Takes
Demonstrate your ability upfront with a carefully crafted resume and cover letter that get the recruiter’s attention.
- Tailor your resume and cover letter for each position in which you are interested.
- Align your skills and accomplishments with language from the position description.
- Be sure your cover letter includes statements about your interest in the position and the organization.
- Use recommended font and professional design elements.
- Describe performance in measurable terms.
- This is where to highlight teamwork, either as leader or part of an effective group.
- Concrete results, such as percent of savings through systems upgrades.
- Include values statements and learning interests to offer a true sense of your professionalism.
- Concisely reflect on the relevance of learning options to your growth.
- Detail your desire for continued learning to contribute to the firm and your professional sector.
Make Your Mark
Everything has gone well with the review of your application materials. The recruiter has invited you to an initial phone or video interview. Prepare as carefully for this appointment as you do for an in-person interview.
- Accept and confirm the invitation in a timely manner.
- Dress as you would for a face-to-face interview.
- Make notes to use as reminders to questions. Theirs and yours.
- Give yourself free time before the appointment. Do so away from your current office.
Present Your Best Self
Time to meet with the recruiter. Gain a good impression that leads to placement by:
- Making notes with responses to questions you’ll likely be asked. Go over those to have them down pat.
- Being confident yet humble, avoiding any hint of arrogance.
- Dressing and acting like the true finance professional you are.
- Being genuine and sincere.
Are you looking for a new accounting and finance position? You are in the right place! Click here for a listing of Beacon Resources’ available positions.